Each year, Enchanted Forest nominate a ‘Charity of the Year’ and in selecting The Beatson Cancer Charity, the choice seemed easy. The Beaston have successfully supported our Managing Director, Mariessa’s Aunt through cancer on two occasions, as well as supporting many of our staff and families in various ways both directly and indirectly. In addition to this, we are very privileged to provide childcare to Charlene Elliot’s daughter who is the Head of Development for the Beatson Cancer Charity, so we are delighted to become part of ‘Team Beatson’.
It has been a busy year and to date we have collectively raised over £5465 for the charity. This fantastic amount has been raised in various ways including:
- ‘Stars in their Eyes’ event in Greenock
- Greenock staff climbing Ben Nevis
- ‘Go Yellow’ days across the nurseries
- Zumbathon by our Inverkip staff and families
- Erskine’s Rainbow week
- Our Head Office and CMC Training team participating in ‘Off the Beatson Track’
- Bernie, our director ‘Going Blue for Beatson’
We would like to take the opportunity to thank our staff, children and families for going the extra mile for a particularly worthy cause. We are also delighted to announce that the Beatson Cancer Charity continues to be our chosen charity for 2016.