The nursery chain took the initiative in providing more training for their staff and continue to set the standard for Early Learning and Childcare. Every member of staff within Enchanted Forest Early Learning Centre’s is now paediatric first aid trained
Many nurseries operate with only a few members of staff being first aid trained, however Enchanted Forest are making an additional commitment to the children in their care, as well as to the professional development of its staff by delivering and paying for this training. This is bound to be a ‘first’ in Scotland to have full staff teams in nurseries trained to this level.
The course consisted of two evenings of training in each nursery, with staff giving up their free time to commit to the qualification.
The benefits of the Paediatric Training undertaken by Enchanted Forest staff include:
- The course is specifically designed for people who work with babies and young children
- Focuses on emergency scenarios that could face people working with young children
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of being a paediatric first aider
- Ability to assess emergency situations
- Be able to provide first aid for a baby or young child
- Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant or child with a chronic medical condition, or sudden illness
- Understand how to complete related records