At Enchanted Forest, we truly believe that our success is down to our people. Our wonderful Enchanted Forest staff teams show dedication, commitment and teamwork in delivering the very best in early learning and childcare in each of our award winning nurseries.
As our staff go above and beyond for our children and parents every day, we wanted to do the same in showing just how much we appreciate all of their hard work.
On 12th September 2015 we held our inaugural ‘Path to Greatness Awards’ at the Holiday Inn, Glasgow Airport which were hosted by none other than the great entertainer from Britain’s Got Talent Edward Reid.
All staff and families had the opportunity to nominate members of the team for a range of categories and prior to the awards a short-list of finalists was announced.
On the evening, the winners were announced and received an award as well as shopping vouchers from invited guests:
- Putting our Children First – Starbrite Team, EThornliebank
- Inspirational Colleague – Jennifer Marshall, Nursery Manager, Greenock
- Star of the Year – Lynn Carruthers, Nursery Manager, Thornliebank
- Excellence in Customer Care – Ashley Kershaw, Department Head, Thornliebank
- Unsung Hero – Liz Herd, Finance Team
- Going the Extra Mile Award – Enchanted Forest Greenock Team
- Leader of the Year Award – Carla Fulton, Nursery Manager, Erskine
- Early Years Educator of the Year – Laura McDonald, Greenock
- Early Years Support Worker of the Year – Claire Strachan, Inverkip
- Nursery of the Year – Enchanted Forest Greenock Team
Also awarded on the evening:
- CEO Award – Enchanted Forest Greenock Team
- Special Recognition – Sarah Lowe, Nursery Manager, Inverkip
- Special Recognition – Sandra Miller
It was very much the flavour of the evening that everyone was a winner and indeed the atmosphere for the whole evening was one of celebrating success. In a special surprise, our staff viewed a video which had been ‘secretly’ filmed of their work, whereby we captured an insight into their day and also had parents interviewed as guest speakers praising the work of our team, as well as a some star appearances from our children.
A special thank you to our invited guests who presented awards on the evening:
- Councillor Vincent Waters from East Renfrewshire Council
- Garry Williamson, Scottish Enterprise
- Helen McCormick, Greenock Chamber of Commerce
- Oliver Freney, St Fergus Church
- Tom Carr, Carr Accounting
- Edna Carr, Carr Accounting
- Charlene Elliot, Beatson Cancer Charity
The Path to Greatness Awards not only provided an opportunity for individuals/teams to be recognised for their contributions to our success but also gave our entire staff team the chance to come together on a magical evening to be part of something special and celebrate #TeamEF as a whole. Lots of fun, laughter and dancing made for a night to remember.
A very special thanks must go to to the staff team at Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport, Dance 1 Studio, Alicia Nicholson (for room decor) and ofcourse Mr Edward Reid, who really made the night outstanding.